[Distutils] setuptools: Missing unmanaged module warning; Failed SVN cleanup; Wrong version in .egg name

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Nov 1 20:44:38 CET 2005

At 07:02 PM 11/1/2005 +0000, John J Lee wrote:
>Yes, that works -- see attached patch, verified to work on my XP SP2
>machine with native win32 SVN 1.2.3.

Interestingly, I *am* able to reproduce your problem, but only with your
packages, though I honestly haven't tried many others.  Anyway, I'll work
on getting a variant of your patch into 0.6a8.

>I'm still wondering why the advertised package dependency resolution
>doesn't seem to work for me, though -- multi-version or not (mechanize's
>dependencies ClientCookie, ClientForm and pullparser are not fetched):

Hm.  The '==dev' part is the problem.  Doing a bit of research, I see that
easy_install doesn't process dependencies for a package when its name and
version don't match what's requested on the command line.  I've
unfortunately forgotten *why* it does this, though.  The workaround for the
moment is to request 'mechanize>=dev' or just 'mechanize', both of which
will match any 'mechanize' version.  Then the dependencies get processed.

I'll have to look into it some more to see if I can figure out why I did
what I did; I think it may actually not be necessary any more to have that
restriction, if in fact it ever was.