[Distutils] EasyInstall: scripts

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sun May 29 22:56:49 CEST 2005

I'm wondering how scripts should be handled by easyinstall -- right now
they pretty much get ignored.  But I'm not sure how they should be
handled at all.  Distutils has a couple rules, with --install-scripts,
and --home (which uses ~/bin), and the normal rules... and then some
translation of those options to Windows.  But none of those seems to
translate very well to easyinstall.  Or eggs.

I don't have any ideas myself on this.  Except that the scripts
themselves are usually pretty dumb anyway, just thin wrappers that fix
up sys.path, import a module, and call a function; so the status quo
could probably be improved upon anyway.

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org