[Distutils] Absolute destination path in data_files

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jun 21 22:16:41 CEST 2005

At 01:39 PM 6/21/2005 -0500, Taylor, Martin wrote:
>You're probably right about using "scripts=", but I can't figure out its
>syntax, either (the manual is VERY LIGHT on useful examples).  If I
>listed some scripts, I'd want to put them in a more package-specific
>place than C:\Python24\Scripts.  But I can't figure out if that's
>possible.

You can create and distribute a setup.cfg file with your package,
containing something like:

     [install]
     install_scripts = /FOO/Scripts/Whatever

And users can override it with --install-scripts or by editing setup.cfg

This will have no effect on the bdist_wininst installer (or other wrappers
like EasyInstall, bdist_rpm, etc.), only on packages installed using setup.py