[Distutils] eggs: Python version independence

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Jul 4 03:07:34 CEST 2005

Most (90%+) of the libraries I work with don't depend on a Python
version.  But unfortunately when using easy_install/eggs they always
have an explicit version, and multiple installations are necessary
otherwise.

Generally speaking, all pure-Python packages are version independent.
At least on the source level.  I suppose .pyc files aren't always
(though they haven't changed for a long time, have they?) -- would it be
reasonable to have version-independent packages?

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org