[Distutils] Generation of script during installation

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Dec 21 19:47:05 CET 2005

At 07:29 PM 12/21/2005 +0100, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
>
> >> Suggestions?
> >
> > You might want to just include all your data and/or header files inside
> > your package directory; this is the one directory you can always find at
> > runtime, no matter how your package gets installed.
>
>I'm not sure I understand. Are you suggesting to ignore/override what the
>user specifies with --install-headers or similar options?

I'm suggesting that if your package needs to have a reliable location for
the data, then it should include it with the package.  This is orthogonal
to whether you *also* install the headers in a user-specified
location.  I'm just saying that if you have the data in your package, you
no longer have to care where the user may have *also* put it.