[Distutils] py2exe and eggs

Jay Parlar parlar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 19:50:19 CEST 2005

> Did you have those packages (RuleDispatch & PyProtocols) installed in
> site-packages and easy_install.pth?  If not, they wouldn't be on sys.path,
> so I doubt py2exe would be able to find them.  You might need to add them
> to "setup_requires" to work with py2exe.  (Also, you should be importing
> py2exe *after* importing setuptools, and you should be using the CVS
> version of setuptools.)
>
> If py2exe *still* can't find "symbol", I don't know what to tell you.

They were both in site-packages, and in easy_install.pth, they were
installed in the typical easy_install.py manner. But as the origins of
this email thread showed, I was having trouble getting py2exe to see
them even there.

I'll try again with the version currently in CVS, and see if I have
any more luck.

Thanks,
Jay P.