[Distutils] installing scripts to /usr/sbin?

Alexandre Alexandre.Fayolle at logilab.fr
Fri Feb 13 09:35:29 EST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:13:51AM -0500, Mark W. Alexander wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:36:28AM +0100, Alexandre wrote:
> > If you're making a Debian package, then why don't you move the scripts
> > in debian/rules ? This sounds like the simplest thing to do.
>
> Because Distutils should be able to do Debian packages natively?

I'm not sure that this is assertion is true. And even if it were, the
fact is that Distutils is not able to do so.

If you need help in building a Debian package, or a python tool please ask.
I'll be happy to help.

--
Alexandre Fayolle                              LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Advanced computing - Python - Customized trainings - Consulting - XML