[Distutils] installing data files and headers

A.M. Kuchling amk@amk.ca
Sat Mar 1 10:05:01 2003

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 11:13:19AM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>Why not merge package_files and package_patterns into one
>list. Then use glob.glob() to work this into a list of
>single filenames.

There's a potential problem here if I want to include the *.cfg files
in the package/ directory but not in package/example/.  Maybe that
doesn't matter.

>The downside with this proposal is that you'll have to add
>MANIFEST.in rules for these files as well...

The sdist.add_defaults() method automatically includes README{.txt},
setup.py, and any referenced *.py files in the manifest; clearly if we
add additional patterns, add_defaults() should automatically include
matching files in the manifest.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
ENOBARBUS: Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety.
      -- _Antony and Cleopatra_, II, ii