[Distutils] Proposed patch: allowing unknown keywords

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de
Thu Oct 31 05:44:01 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:42:47 -0500, Tim Peters wrote:

>+1.  Fine idea!  The only caution is that a package may *need* those "f=
uture
>options" to install correctly -- but then that's up to the package's au=
thoer
>to keep straight.

To make that last task easier, can we also add a

distutils.dist.Distribution.getSupportedOptions() -> list of strings

method? That would make the check read like so:

	from distutils.dist import Distribution
	assert hasattr(Distribution, "getSupportedOptions")
	assert "foo" in Distribution.getSupportedOptions()

Ciao, J=FCrgen

--
J=FCrgen Hermann, Developer
WEB.DE AG, http://webde-ag.de/