[Distutils] The 'test' command

Thu Mar 29 10:39:00 2001

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 08:45:11AM -0800, Robin Dunn wrote:
>        tests = [('testDir1', ['a.py','b.py']),
>                 ('testDir2', ['c.py','d.py', 'e.py']) ]

I like having the computer do things so that I don't have to.
How about allowing glob patterns in the above, so it could be
('testDir1', ['test_*.py']).

>> I'd suggest to simply run the scripts defined in the tests
>> parameter and look at the resulting shell return code (0 - success;
>> everything else: failure).
>
>I agree.

Another reason to do this: running everything in one interpreter
instance could conceal weird bugs where data structures aren't being
initialized properly in a single test, but because previous modules
did the initialization, the code works.  So forking is clearly the
right thing to do.

Should I begin writing a PEP on this for 2.2?

--amk