[Distutils] PEP 241 draft

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Thu Mar 15 01:11:22 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 11:05:21AM -0500, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
>That still leaves the choice/design of a DTD, though, and given the
>community's propensity for trying to cover every possibility, I'm

Well, I think that Dublin Core is the logical choice of the place to
start.  However, I'm really not an XML guy, so for me it's much easier
to deal with RFC822.

The idea, as I understand it, is to get these things into 2.1, so that we
can try them out in a more real-world environment and find out what works
and what doesn't for 2.2.  If XML *IS* better suited for the task, we change
it for 2.2.  If a DTD is ready for 2.2 or even 2.1, I'd be open to using
it.  I'm not likely to provide that though.  ;-)

Sean
--
 If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have
 schizophrenia.  -- Thomas Szasz