[Distutils] bdist_innoinst ?!

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Wed Jul 25 14:49:00 2001

From: "Tim Peters" <tim.one@home.com>
> After the ancient Wise 5.0a installer PythonLabs still uses kept me up all
> night desperately trying to build a 2.2a1 Windows installer that worked,

What did change in 2.2a1 compared to 2.1, 2.0, or 1.5.2 (which all seem
to use Wise5.0)? The version of MSVCRT.DLL and MSVCIRT.DLL?
I deinstall and reinstall all of these more or less regularly
in Win2k Prof (probably SP1) with admin rights without any problems.
This is from my recent 2.2a1 installation log:

Version: Following file not copied.
 File Copy: C:\WINNT\System32\MSVCIRT.DLL
File Copy: C:\WINNT\System32\MSVCRT.DLL

Does this mean that wise overwrote MSVCRT.DLL, but did _not_ overwrite
MSVCIRT.DLL? Note that I never had to reboot after a Python
installation.

Thomas