[Distutils] How are patches processed?

Sat Jan 6 16:37:01 2001

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 11:52:48AM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>I have asked that question before on python-dev... Greg seems to
>be offline or way to busy (like many of us) to respond to questions.

Greg is in the process of moving back to Montreal, so he's unreachable
at the moment until he gets an apartment and a new ISP.  I can look at
the simpler patches on SourceForge and check them in, but would feel
uncomfortable approving anything more architectural (I don't think I'm
familiar enough with the guts of Distutils to figure out when a change
would be the Wrong Thing).

What are the current critical issues that need to be fixed in
Distutils?

>Changes to distutils will also have to be applied to the Python 2.0
>CVS tree (Lib/distutils).

That shouldn't be necessary.  Unless something has changed and I'm
unaware of it, Lib/distutils is a symlink to a subdirectory of the
distutils module in CVS, so changes to one also appear in the other as
if by magic.

--amk