[Distutils] Documentation

Mon Feb 19 11:06:02 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 02:14:58PM +0100, Thomas Heller wrote:
>Should I continue in this way? Would others like to jump in?

Good work; I've noted a few minor corrections, but go ahead and check
in your changes.  I'll probably make additional changes after you
check them in.

--amk

>! The setup script is the centre of all activity in building,
>! The setup script is the center of all activity in building,

'centre' is the British spelling, not a typo; Canadians can use either
spelling, but Greg seems to prefer the British variant.

>+ If you, for example, use standard python functions such as glob.glob
>+ or os.listdir to specify files, you should be careful to write portable

\function{glob.glob} ... \function{os.listdir}

>+ \XXX{THe Should mention clib libraries here or somewhere else!}
        ^^^ delete?

>+ to the linker. These files must not have extensions, the default extension
                                                       ^ insert 'as', 'because'
>+ for the compiler is used.

>+ \option{export\_symbols} is only useful on windows, it can contain a list
                                              Windows, containing     a list
>+ of symbols (funtions or variables) to be exported. This option
                  ^c