[Distutils] Re: [XML-SIG] Problem installing PyXMLv0.6.6

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri Aug 24 14:55:00 2001

Thomas Heller writes:
 > Actually it's a little more complicated than this.
 > It does not only need the directory where python.exe is found,
 > it must also make sure this is the correct python version. How
 > can you find out from python.exe?

  Good question; I have no idea how to extract that information.

 > It's strange that nobody has complained so far...
 > Maybe people compiling python from source also compile
 > extensions from source? And everyone else either run ActiveState
 > Python or PythonLabs?

  Part of it may be that distutils-based installers for Windows are
still fairly new, and they're only now being used on enough
installation flavors to turn up the more complicated conditions.
  Or maybe it just doesn't matter.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>