[Distutils] Automatically detect wrong lib-format for borland compiler?

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Sat Sep 30 17:10:01 2000

On 29 September 2000, Rene Liebscher said:
> It might be better to have script(s) in the misc directory,
> which checks for a certain compiler the libraries and
> converts them if necessary.
>
> The compiler classes would print a warning/error message
> about the wrong format and could mention how to convert
> the library.

I think I prefer this approach -- easy to go overboard here.  Being
smart enough to *detect* a possible bad situation is reasonable, but
trying to be smart enough to *correct* it is asking for trouble.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward                                      gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/