[Distutils] My (slightly goofy) coding standard

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Mon Sep 25 22:40:01 2000

  GW> Hi all -- I have just completed one pass over the Distutils
  GW> source to enforce one minor coding convention: whitespace next
  GW> to the open parentheses when calling a function (or other
  GW> callable).  Anyone hacking on the Distutils needs to know about
  GW> this convention, which is slightly odd [...]

It is really unfortunate that you have chosen to go this route.  We
are trying to make all the Python code in the standard library follow
Guido's coding style.

    http://www.python.org/doc/essays/styleguide.html

We will slow fix code in the library to follow these conventions,
which will make distutils the only part of the core that doesn't
follow them.

Jeremy