[Distutils] CCompiler interfaces

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Sun Sep 17 20:22:01 2000

On 17 September 2000, I said:
> > >  * added the ability to compile and link in resource files with
> > >    Visual C++ on Windows (Thomas Heller)
> >
> > However, I can't find the place where it is done. Maybe it wasn't
> > checked in ?
>
> I think this was a change to msvccompiler.py.  Can't remember exactly
> what the change was -- was there anything in the CVS log?

Aiee!  I goofed -- looks like that patch was never applied and checked
in; it's still sitting in my patches directory.  Arghgh!

I'll attach the patch: can someone look it over, bring it up-to-date,
test it, and send me a new version?  Otherwise I'll have to do it
myself, and who knows what damage I'll cause... ;-)

        Greg