[Distutils] Manifest.in not included in sdist...

Paul Moore gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 27 17:01:13 2000

This seems odd to me...

When I build a source distribution with python setup.py sdist, my
MANIFEST.in file is not included in the resulting archive. This seems wrong,
as without the MANIFEST.in, I cannot rebuild the distribution.

I would assume that building a sdist should create save everything needed to
rebuild the package, its sdist, etc etc, from scratch.

Another thought - a "reallyclean" command would be nice (deletes all
intermediate and generated files - essentially all of the "build" and "dist"
directories, at least...

Thanks,
Paul Moore