[Distutils] install_scripts and install_data commands

Bastian Kleineidam calvin@cs.uni-sb.de
Mon, 15 May 2000 20:40:59 +0200 (CEST)

  I will work on the build_scripts command. Strange is that the CVS
  repository does not have the install_scripts.py command. The code
  snapshot has this file. I am using cvs update -PAd.
  CVS Root is :pserver:distutilscvs@cvs.python.org:/projects/cvsroot

  Good point -- it would be nice to use 'scripts' for shell scripts,
  >MS-DOG batch files, and Python scripts.  But I bet you can do a fair job
  >of distinguishing those three by looking at a mix of extensions and #!
  >line; and if you can't figure something out, assume it's a Python
  >script.
  I assume we will install the DOS batch files only on Windows systems.

  So after all the build_scripts command will also affect the
  install_scripts command.

  Bastian

--
Bastian Kleineidam -- Time to close your windows: Storm Linux   .~.
http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~calvin/official/                    /V\