[Distutils] distutil install

Michel Sanner sanner@scripps.edu
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:41:53 -0700

Hello,

I got the OpenDX Python wrapper from Randall Hopper and asked him why the .so
wrapping the DX library ends up not int he package directory but in
$exec_prefix/lib/python/site-packages.

His answer was that this is where distutil puts it.

I feel that it would nicer to have the .so along with all other files of the
package in $exec_prefix/lib/python/site-packages/DX.

Is there a way to specify this in setup.py ?

-Michel

Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.                   The Scripps Research Institute
Assistant Professor			Department of Molecular Biology
					  10550 North Torrey Pines Road
Tel. (858) 784-2341				     La Jolla, CA 92037
Fax. (858) 784-2860
sanner@scripps.edu                        http://www.scripps.edu/sanner