[Distutils] Package Meta-information Patch

Michael Muller mmuller@enduden.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:31:07 -0500

Greg Stein wrote:
> The biggest difference between the ConfigParser and the execfile()
> approach is that the latter can easily create complicated structures. For
> the ConfigParser, you may need to do something like:
>
>     files = map(string.strip,
>                 string.split(parser.get('info', 'files'), ','))
>
> For each "structured" entry.

This has been one of my main objections to using ConfigParser on the occasions
when I've needed such a thing.  However, as you've indicated, it is easily
overcome.

If everyone is good with using ConfigParser, I'd be happy to submit another
patch.

michaelMuller = mmuller@enduden.com | http://www.cloud9.net/~proteus
Mantra for the 60's: Tune in, turn on, drop out
Mantra for the 90's: Turn on, jack in, jerk off