[Distutils] RE: New code snapshot

Lyle Johnson jlj@cfd1.cfdrc.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:25:24 -0500

> I've just put out another Distutils code snapshot; this fixes all
> problems with Distutils 0.8 that I have heard about.  If I don't hear
> anything bad about this snapshot, it'll go out the door as 0.8.1,
> probably tomorrow (Wed April 19) evening.

This snapshot still has the problem for processing MANIFEST.in files under
Windows. This bug was fixed for a while in the CVS sources but seems to have
gotten broken again. If you have a line like this:

	include test/autotest.py

in your MANIFEST.in file, running "setup.py sdist" under Windows won't
include this file because the path separator is wrong.