[Distutils] MANIFEST.in format

Greg Ward gward@ase.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:45:49 -0400

On 18 April 2000, A.M. Kuchling said:
> Is there a reason the MANIFEST.in file only accepts a single pattern
> per line?  I'd like to able to write something like this:
>
> recursive-include extensions Makefile.pre.in Setup.in *.c *.h

Laziness, fear of complex syntax leading to complex code.  I think the
code turned out to be simple enough that slightly more complex code is
allowable, though, so...

> Would patches for this change be accepted?

...sure!  But the new rule (invented right here on the spot) is that you
have to submit doc patches too.  ;-)  Unless of course the documentation
already led you to believe that you could do this, in which case my
documentation time machine is in working order (more than you can say
for most of my code...)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Linux geek                                  gward@ase.com