[Distutils] Possible fix for sysconfig.py (Win32)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:15:37 -0400 (EDT)

Greg Ward writes:
 > Anyways, commenting out that line is just fine.  In fact, it seems to me
 > that there is no reason to read config.h on any platform, and very
 > little reason even to keep that code around.  The information read from
 > config.h simply isn't used anywhere in the Distutils.  Fred, what's your
 > take on this?  Should we just ditch the config.h-reading code from
 > sysconfig.py?

  If none of the information is being used, then let's comment out the
call to read the file.  When building the modules in Modules/, I
notice that -DHAVE_CONFIG_H is passed on the command line, but that
indicates distutils should make that define from the command line if
appropriate (or perhaps always?).  The file itself may not need to be
parsed by distutils.
  I'd keep the function around, since a specific package may benefit
from having that information around; the setup.py for that can call
the function if appropriate.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>