[Distutils] How to actually use distutils?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:32:08 -0400 (EDT)

Skip Montanaro writes:
>I thought the CVS repository in .../Lib/distutils was a symlink to the real
>thing, so any documentation files it contains should have been extracted by
>"cvs update -d .", right?

No; the full Distutils distribution has subdirectories for examples
and the actual code.  The symlink in the Python CVS tree only points
to the subdirectory containing the code, so the examples and the
USAGE.txt file don't show up in the Python CVS tree.  They'll have to
be integrated in at some point.

Hey, Michael, you really don't want to go in there. No, really you don't. The
Truth hurts, you know...
  -- Closing lines of ENIGMA #3: "The Good Boy"