[Distutils] Re: Add multiple frozen modules

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:53:06 -0700 (PDT)

The "Python Lib format" that Jim discusses is exactly what is used in my
"small" distribution. Gordon used a slight variant and even created a nice
base class to create similar files.

In other words, the code already exists in to match the exact
requirements.

I strongly agree with Jim's thoughts on moving all Python importing out to
the Python level (minus a minimalist set of C functions to dynamically
load module M from directory D). Freezing that into the interpreter is a
great Step 2.

IMO, I would also like to see a frozen Python parser, compiler, and
interactive loop, but that is a separate discussion :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/