[DB-SIG] .rowcount issues with large affected row counts.

Daniele Varrazzo daniele.varrazzo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 09:08:14 EDT 2017

Please open a bug to the psycopg bug tracker:

https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues

specifying your platform (win/linux/other, 32/64 bit). Please also add
an idea of the number you are expecting to see (I think we should be
able to parse 2*10^9 no problem, if not it's a bug). If possible
compile psycopg in debug mode (see
http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/install.html#creating-a-debug-build) and
report the debug line is printed for a failing case (it should say
"_read_rowcount: PQcmdTuples..." looking at the link James has kindly
provided).

Regardless of the report I'll look into parsing that value without
using 'atol()' for next bugfix release.

-- Daniele