[DB-SIG] Iterable cursor as part of core rather than an extension in DBAPI 3

Vernon D. Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 07:59:39 CEST 2013

I don't think that fetchmany() or its brothers will, or should, go away.
 I, for one, want api3 to be backwards compatible.  I suspect, however that
use of the iterator will become the prevalent pattern in the future.

I am +1 on iterable cursors being required for API 3.

I am starting a project just now which will be using SQLite.  The present
production version of adodbapi <http://sf.net/projects/adodbapi> has all of
the features that I (humbly) think ought to be in the v3 api.  Since SQLite
is the only major database that ADO does _not_ cover, I am thinking of
forking it and adding the updated features I want to use. Hopefully, my
fevered mind will cool before that happens.