[DB-SIG] API 3.0 limiting paramstyle to ['named', 'qmark'] is okay. ('format' is not desirable)

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Mon May 20 17:20:58 CEST 2013

Does anyone on in this discussion actually want named parameters for
their own use, or does it seem like something someone might want, so
lets try to make that happen just in case?

I can see the benefit (easier to read code) but given the amount of
problem it would seem to cause, it doesn't seem worth it.

But I have lost track of the pros-n-cons of the various options.  I
think it is time to start a wiki with pointers to example code.

--
Carl K