[DB-SIG] cx_Oracle on Oracle 9.2 Import Error

Thajib Parakkal tparakkal at ClearPractice.com
Thu Jul 29 20:24:44 CEST 2010

Hello,
  I have a similar problem when I tried to usecx_Oracle on a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I have Oracle 9.2 clientinstalled.
I get :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in<module>
    import cx_Oracle
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure couldnot be found.

Python version 2.7 installed
And I installed the  cx_Oracle 5.0.4 11g for Py 2.7

This is the same I have on my laptop and the server.

On my Laptop with Windows XP and Oracle 11g clienteverything is good. I have the script which I prepared on my laptop and had todeploy in the server which has Oracle 9i, that’s where its having trouble!!
What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Thajib

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information may contain confidential health information that is legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this transmission is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is required to delete or destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.