[DB-SIG] Managing Large/Huge Data Base + First Steps

Nicolò Lazzaro n.lazzaro at hotmail.it
Mon Jun 29 13:03:03 CEST 2009

Hi all! I'm trying to build a program that works in some way like a
"life evolution simulator". This "planet" should be made of - at least
- 10^8 cells, that continuously change their state and are subject to
mathematical functions. I've just came to python, after realizing that PHP and SQL (of what I know some basic scripting) could never fit this project, thinking of moving from databases to text files.
So I've come to this mailing list, hoping to learn something useful for my purpose and willing to know were should I look (after some beginner tutorial of course) to get the right skills in this specific field.

Thank you for reading! I hope to find some answer, have a nice day! :-D
Nicolo'