[DB-SIG] Several newbie questions

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Jan 11 11:38:44 CET 2007

On 2007-01-11 11:20, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> If you want to use ADO, you should use the ADO drivers. Using
>> ADO to talk to the database through ODBC is just adding an API stack
>> on top.
>
> Something like this?
>
>    http://opensource.theopalgroup.com/files/ADOdb.html

That's a Python interface to the ADO stack.

I was referring to the ADO drivers for the database. MS changes their
name every now and then - they used to be called OLEDB providers, now
they call them ADO.NET providers.

In any case, ODBC will give you better performance:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/technologies/iis/reskit/iischp7.mspx
(Table 7.1)

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/389535

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 11 2007)