[DB-SIG] cx_Oracle: getting names of present TNS entries

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 11:37:57 CET 2007

Andy, Anthony,

thank you very much for your information.

> Not to my knowledge no. As far as I'm aware both SQL Developer and TOAD
> do exactly that.
>
> Of course it gets trickier if you've got multiple Oracle homes and
> therefore more than one tnsnames.ora file.

That was what I had in mind --- TOAD displays the Oraclehomes, and partially
also the TNS-names. I was really hoping there is a way to detect that;
building a setup helper for an application.

So, thanks for sparing me the futil search !

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare