[DB-SIG] External procedure

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Nov 1 22:17:15 CET 2005

Lucas Alvarez wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to create a trigger that runs a python script, is that possible?
> I'm using oracle 9i.
> I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

This depends on the Oracle implementation of stored procedures,
not on Python (which this list is all about).

I know that Oracle can run Java code as stored
procedure, so you might be able to use Jython to run Python
code indirectly.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 01 2005)