[DB-SIG] MySQL Multi-Table Insert Strategy

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:21:05 CEST 2005

Greetings,

I'm new on the list, and just had a general question about the best
approach for setting up a multi-table insert.  I know that MySQL
doesn't support this outright, but would most people recommend using a
transaction?

In my DB app, I have a table, person, that uses foreign keys from
other tables (3-4).  When I add someone to the person table, I want
the data for their address to be inserted into the address table as
well.  Other data needs to be inserted into additional tables.

I have a little experience with MySQL at a very basic level, and am
new to programming & Python.  I thought it would be best to ask this
question here than on the Tutor list.

Thanks,
Don
--