[DB-SIG] MySQLdb and INNODB tables

Andy Dustman farcepest at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 00:52:23 CEST 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 4:19 PM, Dave Rogers <David.Rogers at mci.com> wrote:
> I need to use MySQL INNODB tables for transactions, however, I have run
> into a problem. I can do SELECTS on the INNODB tables just fine but
> INSERTS and UPDATES do not work. No error is generated. I tried the same
> code using Python interactively and Python returns "1L" for each line I
> try to insert but in fact nothing is ever inserted. My Python code works
> perfectly with MyISAM tables.
>
> Am I just not holding my mouth right or what?

I'll guess that you aren't executing db.commit() to commit the
transaction on your transactional tables. It works for MyISAM because
they are not transactional (though that is supposed to change in a
future version).
--
Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.

Using GMail? Setting Reply-to address to <> disables this annoying feature.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages all alike.
To go north, press 2. To go west, press 4.
To go east, press 6. To go south, press 8.
If you need assistance, press 0 and a little dwarf
will assist you.