[DB-SIG] pure python database driver

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Thu May 20 06:12:50 EDT 2004

Lì mercoledì, 2004/05/19 alle 21:46, -0500, Randall Smith ha scritto:
> Does anyone know of existing database drivers written in pure Python?  I
> realize this may not perform well, but I'm curious.  The portability
> would be nice.

that would mean reimplementing all the client/server protocol, that
changes for *every database*. why port thousands lines of C code to
python (for each database) when the original client libraries are
already there (and well-tested?)

moreover the portability simply would *not* be. as i said above every
database uses its won protocol.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
  We are all dust, Saqi, so play the lute
                    We are all wind, Saqi, so bring wine. -- Omar Khayam