[DB-SIG] DBMS with easy administration and replication

David Rushby davidrushby at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 14:15:39 EDT 2003

--- "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at lemburg.com> wrote:
> David Rushby wrote:
> > As far as the other open source relational databases, neither
> > PostgreSQL nor SAPDB has built-in replication support.
>
> SAP DB does come with its own replication manager which
> is also made available via the Python interfaces that come
> with SAP DB.
>
> However, it only provides means for offline replication.

I'm aware of that component of SAPDB, but I consider "Replication
Manager" a misnomer, because the component actually provides the
functionality that other RDBMSes would refer to as "bulk copy".

Apparently the SAPDB folks also regard it as a misnomer, because they
renamed it to "Loader" in 7.4, and they themselves maintain that "SAP
DB does not support replication features"
(http://listserv.sap.com/pipermail/sapdb.general/2000-December/000563.html ).