[DB-SIG] pervasive SQL

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:34:49 +0100

jwsacksteder@ramprecision.com wrote:
> I would very much like to see a native DBI interface to the PervasiveSQL
> RDBMS. Assuming full access to needed technical specs, how much work would
> be involved in in doing something like this? Days? Weeks? Months?

You could use mxODBC to access that database, I suppose. If it
doesn't work out of the box, I'm sure we can find a way to help
you :-)

Writing a "native" interface is usually in the range of months rather
than days or weeks -- starting out is fast, but it takes a long time
to get everything working properly.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 19 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     13 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        97 days left