[DB-SIG] Re: DCOracle2 Installation Issues on Linux Redhat 7.4

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:56:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > You may also need to add:
> >
> > http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/mxDateTime.html
>
> That would be good news, but I'm afraid the DateTime module
> is the one from Zope and not mxDateTime.

Speaking of which -- now that Python is poised to grow an official DateTime
classes, what are your thoughts on revising DB-API to officially endorse
them?  Don't get me wrong; I use mx.DateTime and think it is a great product
and very much appreciate that you make it available.  However, it does make
sense to move toward using a builtin Python class in DB-API.  These can then
be trivially converted to mx.DateTime objects (as long as leap seconds
aren't a big deal).

Your thoughts?

-Kevin

Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect
Voice: (216) 986-0710 x 19         E-mail: jacobs@theopalgroup.com
Fax:   (216) 986-0714              WWW:    http://www.theopalgroup.com