[DB-SIG] ODBMS

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 07:57:01 -0600

On Saturday 01 February 2003 03:47 am, zohar wrote:
> I am newbie in DBMS concepts so please forgive me if I am wrong.
>
> I saw a web page that says "Object Database Management Systems (ODBMSs)
> are designed to work well with object programming languages"
> Do anyone know which ODBMS works with python and it offers evaluation
> version so that I could learn about it before using it.

There are really only two ODBMS-like choices (that I know of) for persisting
Python objects without translating into a relational database: ZODB and
PyPerSyst. Both are Open Source and free of charge.

ZODB: http://www.zope.org/Products/StandaloneZODB

PyPerSyst: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pypersyst/

--
Patrick K. O'Brien