[DB-SIG] mxODBC - window installation problem

Ching Chan chingchan1@yahoo.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

--0-307221409-1031238804=:65381

Hi

I have 2 questions:

1) I try to use mxODBC in python. I installed the python 2.2 window version from python.org on window XP. It works fine. I installed mxODBC window version for python 2.2 and the window installer said it finished successfully. I believed the module package was installed under c:\python22\lib\site-packages\mx.

Now, when I try to use

Import mx.ODBC.Windows

and I have error said the mx.ODBC.Windows module was not found. I just do not understand why I have this problem. How can I make it work.

2) Also, I have made another trial using the python 2.2 from Activestate.com. This package includes an ODBC module in win32 extension. I can use this. But if I want to add mxODBC to this version. According to the mxODBC document, mxODBC will have a name conflict with the ODBC module and need to make some changes. However, the instruction is not very specific, could any one make it more clear. I believe this is a very common problem to the experienced.

Thanks.

--0-307221409-1031238804=:65381

<P>Hi</P>
<P>I have 2 questions:</P>
<P>1) I try to use mxODBC in python. I installed the python 2.2 window version from python.org on window XP. It works fine. I installed mxODBC window version for python 2.2 and the window installer said it finished successfully. I believed the module package was installed under c:\python22\lib\site-packages\mx.</P>
<P>Now, when I try to use</P>
<P>Import mx.ODBC.Windows </P>
<P>and I have error said the mx.ODBC.Windows module&nbsp;was not found. I just do not understand why I have this problem. How can I make it work.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>2) Also, I have made another trial using the python 2.2 from Activestate.com. This package includes an ODBC module in win32 extension. I can use this. But if I want to add mxODBC to this version. According to the mxODBC document, mxODBC will have a name conflict with the ODBC module and need to make some changes. However, the instruction is not very specific, could any one make it more clear. I believe this is a very common problem to the experienced.</P>
--0-307221409-1031238804=:65381--