[DB-SIG] Popy - Psycopg - PyPgSQL - PyGreSQL

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 16:08:48 +0200

At 15:20 2002-10-01 +0200, Gerhard H=E4ring wrote:
>Easy one:
>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/DbApiModuleComparison?action=3Dshow

Ok, that's a start...I was more wondering if
it was done already...

What do I see...
psycopg ... GPL

I suppose that means that applications that import
that module will be GPL as well...

In general I really like GPL, unfortunately I sometimes
rely on customers that want to own the code I build for
them... This makes GPL an impossible choice in those
situations. (Just as PyDO etc.)

Is this your intention Federico, that people should only
be able to build open source software if they use psycopg?
You have no intention of using LGPL etc?

Personally I think it's very different to use GPL for a
complete application such as a web browser or an editor
than to use it for a library that is destined to be just
a small part in large system.

--=20
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN