[DB-SIG] Transaction start

Federico Di Gregorio fog@initd.org
27 May 2002 13:54:39 +0200

--=-Ub6h7maiI2E4UI7M5+Am

Il lun, 2002-05-27 alle 13:20, Dittmar, Daniel ha scritto:
> > Transactions, if supported, start implicitly at cursor creation time
> > and after each call to .commit() or .rollback(). They can span
> > multiple calls to .execute().
>=20
> Shouldn't that be 'session creation time'?
>=20
> I guess there are/could be implementations, where the transaction is star=
ted
> with the creation of the first cursor. But creating a second cursor will =
not
> start a new transaction.

it depends. for example, psycopg create a new session on the first
.execute() because of postgres returning the transaction creation time
as 'now'. this was a problem for some users executing a .commit() and
then a select say... 5h later and finding that 'now' was still 5h in the
past.

--=20
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org
  Lasciate che i furetti vengano a me.  -- Maria Luisa Benedetta Panzani

--=-Ub6h7maiI2E4UI7M5+Am

--=-Ub6h7maiI2E4UI7M5+Am--