[DB-SIG] Transaction start

Federico Di Gregorio fog@initd.org
27 May 2002 00:56:26 +0200

--=-F4EzWUxDaqWc32kB5gJy

Il sab, 2002-05-25 alle 06:17, Gerhard H=E4ring ha scritto:
> The DB-API Connection object has commit and rollback methods, but it
> lacks a begin method.
>=20
> Not considering the implementation of an autocommit feature, does this
> mean that the DB-API module must implicitely start, and possibly roll
> back transactions at certain points?
>=20
> I guess a cursor.execute must start a new transaction, where else must a
> transaction be started? Could anybody please clarify this?

if the db support transactions a new transaction is started:

1. after .connect(), any moment just before the first .execute()
2. after .commit() or .rollback(), any time before next .execute()

--=20
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org
  "Yes, your honour, I have RSA encryption code tattood on my penis.
                                       Shall I show the jury?" -- <dark>

--=-F4EzWUxDaqWc32kB5gJy

--=-F4EzWUxDaqWc32kB5gJy--