[DB-SIG] Experiences with DB-API2.0

Dustin Sallings dustin+pydbsig@spy.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:52:47 -0700

Around 15:53 on Jun 20, 2002, Ch'marr said:

# At the time, I added that it would be nice to, say, be able to write a
# driver that supported one param style (say, the one that the C interface
# layer supported best), and have a DBI base layer do all the necessary
# conversions for the other param styles, so that the application
# programmer need only pick a paramstyle most suited to the application.

	This sounds reasonable.  I like the 'pyformat' style, but 'qmark'
can have special meaning that could optimize queries quite a bit.  It'd be
great to get both.

	Just to be clear, I don't mind that there are five styles, just
that the driver developer gets to pick one instead of the user.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>