[DB-SIG] Help on MySQL exception

Ralf Juengling juenglin@informatik.uni-freiburg.de
11 Jun 2002 13:05:04 +0200

Hi,

I'm a dbms novice and recently wrote a small python program which feeds
data into a mySQL server. Now this program is occasionally stopped by
an mysql exception for no apparent reason: "mySQL server has gone away"
(see below).
I've no idea what's going wrong, since there is another python program
continuously communicating with mysql, which is not affected...

Any hint is very appreciated,
thanks,
Ralf

<-- snip -->
    cursor.execute(queryStr)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 61,
in execute
    r =3D self._query(query)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 168,
in _query
    rowcount =3D self._BaseCursor__do_query(q)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 112,
in __do_query
    db.query(q)
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (2006, 'MySQL server has gone away')

--=20
Ralf J=FCngling
Institut f=FCr Informatik - Lehrstuhl f=FCr Mustererkennung &
Bildverarbeitung
Georges-K=F6hler-Allee              =20
Geb=E4ude 52                                        Tel:
+49-(0)761-203-8215
79110 Freiburg                                    Fax:
+49-(0)761-203-8262