[DB-SIG] mxODBC is truncating BLOBs when reading them

Friedlander Paul PaulFriedlander@Danfoss.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:16:09 +0200

I am using mxODBC to retrieve data from a Postgres database. I am using the
latest ActivePython distribution.

When I read data from a column with BYTEA data I get a warning and am told
that the data was truncated. I found a comment that this used to be a
problem with MySQL databases but has been fixed.

I am using the Windows sub-object and am accessing the database through an
ODBC converter provided by insight (running in the windows control panel).

Can anyone shed light on this?

BTW I am using the default ODBC package to write the data and it works fine.
I tried the mxODBC because trying to read the data with ODBC seems to work
for a while but then Python crashes. I ported the whole thing to Linux and
tried it with the psycopg package and it worked fine.

Thanks for you help.

Paul Friedlander
Danfoss
paulfriedlander@danfoss.com