[DB-SIG] Optional DB-API extensions and mxODBC

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:39:50 +0200

Gerhard H=E4ring wrote:
> I wonder which DB-API modules already support the optional DB-API
> extensions from PEP 0249. I happen to like them and PySQLite (CVS)
> already has them, and the next release of pyPgSQL definitely will, too.
>=20
> I just looked into mxODBC and was surprised it doesn't support the
> scroll method of cursors that I was looking for. I was surprised becaus=
> MAL is the PEP author :-)

It will in version 2.1 :-)

Unfortunately, I found that not many database backends support
scrollable cursors, some even don't tell you the current position
of the cursor within the result set or the size of the result
set.

mxODBC 2.1 does support most of the extensions, though, and also
comes with some new ones.

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH